Thursday, November 19, 2009

IN-N-OUT is here!





The In-N-Out in Orem, UT finally opened up this morning at 9:00 AM (That's right 9 AM for a burger). If you have read a past post of my love for In-N-Out, you would understand my events of the past 2 days. At 4:00 AM Wednesday morning I pulled my truck into the Drive Thru, and was the first 1 in line. I spent the next 29 hours in (and around) my truck, waiting for the chance to be the 1st to go through their Drive Thru. I was first approached by the GM of the opening ceremony and was congratulated for being number 1, received a stocking cap, and was invited to their Employee Only Dinner that night around 5. Through out the day I was approached by many of their employees (cooks to Store Directors) each of them wanted to hear of the passion I had for an In-N-Out burger. I was interviewed by 3 TV news stations (1 was In-N-Out TV) and 1 radio station. I spent the night in the back of my truck, nice and warm, (22 degrees outside) while people were sleeping on the sidewalk to be the 1st to go through the doors. At 9:00 Thursday morning they presented me with a Collectors Coin, T-shirt, and all of my food was free for the past 2 days , of course all of it was In-N-Out.

3 comments:

ab5cgang said...

Hahaha I love it Cliff. Good for you.

Robin said...

I think this is totally awesome! I am so glad you finally have one so close. I bet you have eaten there every day since. Am I right?

Megan Johnson said...

Hey Cousin! I didn't know you had a blog. You probably didn't tell me that for a reason :) I heard all about your in-n-out adventure and it sounded awesome! you are crazy. How was thanksgiving with the fam?