Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where in the World is Cliff?


Since when is calling someone to see how they are doing or what they are up to, considered "Old School" It seems in this time of "Instant Updates" via Facebook and Twitter, many of us have forgotten how to pick up the phone and call someone. Do I really think that everyone on my Facebook page really cares that I woke up with a headache this morning, or that It is so late and I am so tired.. yet have enough energy to log on and update my Status saying so? Unfortunately I am not immune to this new crave of communication.. I don't update my status too often, but I do find myself reading other's updates. I have found out though, that creating an Event on Facebook is one of my reasons in justifying the use of it. The only downfall is that, after creating an event I often forget to invite many of my friends that are not on Facebook. Needless to say, because of this new trend I have neglected my Blog (I'm sure most of you are tired of me talking about myself anyway)

So what has Cliff been up to?
Since my last post I assure you that I have been on many adventures during this past summer. There was the vacation to Las Vegas for the Mountain West Basketball Tournament in March. In April I went back to my mom's in Idaho and spent some time completing some of the projects around her house. A quick trip to Lake Powell in May. I was able to make it back to the Grand Canyon and hike back down to Havasupai in June. During the month of July I spent time behind the boat, wakeboarding, wakeskating, and a new thrill wakesurfing. In August I planned a trip to Buena Vista, CO for a whitewater rafting trip and on the way back stopped in Moab for a night. (Of course I rented a jeep for the day)

Back in May I was diagnosed with a Bi-lateral inguinal hernia, and had to meet with a Surgeon. We had looked at a couple of dates on when to schedule the operation, but my vacation plans were always interfering. He told me to figure out my summer and let him know when I was done playing and we could do the procedure (I had to plan on 6 weeks of recovering) I decided the best time of the year would be between Wakeboarding and Snowboarding seasons, so I went under the knife on Aug. 31st. Unfortunately, I forgot about Fall rides on my motorcycle, and didn't realize that I would not be able to ride during recovery.

After my 1st week of operation I had my cousin Janna and her husband Randy take me Grocery Shopping, it was all I could do to walk from the parking lot to the front doors. As you can see from the pic, I ended up using 1 of Walmart's electric carts.
(Probably the closest to being on my bike until I check in with the Surgeon this week)

It has been a grueling and long period of recovering, I was not allowed to lift anything over 1o lbs for 6 weeks. I felt pretty bad, and very uncomfortable when I had to ask others for help. Luckily enough I have great friends and family that were around to take care of me. Hopefully I can return the favor some day when I am able.

If any of you know me well, I didn't let that stop me from having some fun. An old roommate (Brian) came into town for a long weekend and we were able to go to Cedar City and see our other roommate Mat. It was great to catch up with them and reminisce. I also made it to the BYU football games, a couple of dances and a night up at Midway with 40 of my friends for a night.

I am looking forward to this month of October, Halloween has always been one of my favorite times of the year and we are planning a huge costume dance that night.

1 comment:

ab5cgang said...

Wow. Great to see you up date your blog. Agreed on the whole facebooking thing. But it is a quick way of checing up on people.
Hope you have a fast recovery.