Thursday, August 21, 2008

Eventful July

For the 4th of July I went to visit my sister Ina, her husband Gregg and their 2 boys - Tyson and Kaleb in Twin Falls. On Friday morning I rode with Gregg's dad on their horse drawn wagon in the Buhl 4th of July parade. I must admit it was a lot of fun, even though there were a lot of weird people waving at us as we drove down the parade route. My sister Becki and her husband Ethan (Buck) and their kids - Josh, Emily, Bryce, and Erin all joined us for Fireworks Friday night. We went to the hotsprings on Saturday and my nephews took turns riding down the waterslide with Uncle Cliff.

On Tuesday we packed up our Camping gear and headed to Grand Teton National Park, in Wyoming. We set up camp and I grilled up some chicken for everyone. The next day we decided to go find some buffalo for the kids to see, and us of course. We drove through a range area and came across a heard of buffalo, we decided to keep our distance and tried to zoom in with our cameras. Afterward we decided to go for a boat ride on Jenny Lake and then hiked up to Hidden Falls. As you can see from the pic on the left, the falls are actually hidden by the trees.

That evening we ended up driving around Teton Lake and having dinner next to the lake. It was such a nice change of pace to hang with some of my family and enjoy being the "favorite" Uncle Cliff.

For the 24th of July I was invited to go to Bear Lake with the Sommerville's, Dean and his family. We stayed in a little cottage in Garden City and spent most of our day on the Boat. While on the lake, we brought out the new wake surf board and I learned how to wake surf. All of us, Dean, Spencer, Annika, Sharon and I were able to "get up" in the first couple of attempts. It was such a blast to be with everyone and just enjoy the beautiful water at Bear Lake.

1 comment:

The Cole Family said...

Nice farmers tan!! You must work out...I think you're sexy!!