Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Wii Salesman:

I have owned a Nintendo Wii for about a year now, and have come to enjoy many of the games I have tried. Right now I’m starting my season in the Tiger Woods PGA Tour ’07, and am exited to be playing along with Tiger Woods and many other great athletes. (It’s more realistic when you use the Nerf golf club) I also recently conquered the Spider Man – Friend or Foe campaign, nothing like being a true Super Hero. I have yet to finish the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, or even come close to beating my first game Zelda – Twilight Princess. The Madden ’07 and NBA ’08 make me feel as if I’m part of the game. (Throwing the football and actually shooting a jump shot.) Then there is the Mario Party which is always enjoyable with a group of friends involving all the mini-games. I think the most fun I have though, is watching friends come over and creating a Mii for the first time and then trying out the Wii sports. (Bowling, tennis, golf, baseball, and boxing)

Over the past year I have been able to visit friends and family, and because of the size of the Wii, have brought it along with me. Many of my friends and their families have enjoyed playing the Wii sports and other games (Wii play). I like to think that I have helped some of them convince their wives to look into buying a Wii for themselves. The other day a good friend of mine (Marcus) tossed around the idea that I should try to be a representative of Nintendo and sale the Wii door to door, I can just see my presentation:

Knock, knock

“Is the woman of the house at home?” (Almost all salesmen target woman during the day) I would be knocking doors in the evening, knowing that most husbands would not reject my sales pitch.

“Ma’am are you trying to find a way to bring your family closer together?”

“What would you say if I told you that I have the solution to your problem?”

“If you give me 15 minutes in front of your TV, I will show you how your family can come together.”

I would then set up the Wii, with the Sensor bar on top of the TV. Plug in the Console and starting with the youngest child create a Mii for each of the participants. Once the Mii’s had been created, pull out a total of 4 remotes and let them try Tennis. Probably would have to move some furniture around, as most living rooms are not set up specifically for the Wii. After brief instructions I would let them swing away, hopefully there is enough space in the room to do so. I would make sure that the wife tried tennis for herself, and was enjoying the game as much as any one else.

The Closing,

“This Nintendo Wii is already set up for you, how many remotes would you like me to include in the packaged deal?”

“Will you be paying by Credit Card, Check or my favorite Cash?”

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Awesome dude. I would totally go with that pitch. You need to have a tally to show how many Wii's you have sold to date.

I am exited for the blog. I first thought it was going to be something related to Hall n Oats.

gregg and ina said...

YOU SHOULD START SELLING THE WII THAT WOULD BE COOL!

gregg and ina said...

Hey, your pictures are awesome! You have been all over!

Amy Bigelow said...

Dude, I LOVE the Wii! Drew and I have one, they're badass.