Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ma Derniere Aventure - Paris



I drove 300 Km and paid 20 Euro in tolls to get to the beautiful city of Paris.  I booked 4 nights in a Euro Camp location. It was like a campground, only I stayed in a 2 bedroom mobile home. There were no bed sheets, towels, or toilet paper, so I had to bring my own. The trailer itself was very small, but cozy, a lot like real camping.  On the plus side, I was able to park my car right outside the porch, and it was a 10 min walk to the train station. From the train station I was able to ride right into the city center of Paris, catch my favorite friend the "Hop on Hop off" bus and tour the incredible city and architecture.


I Spent half a day admiring the Eiffel Tower, I hopped off the bus and slowing walked a good half mile toward this magnificent icon of Paris.  I was so amazed in the structure and the iron work that was fabricated to create such an awesome artifact. Once I got to the bottom of the hill, I was able to see the entire structure from underneath.  I rode the first elevator to the second floor, spent some time looking around the entire city and then caught another elevator to get the top. (I thought about taking the 1400 steps to the first floor, but was glad there was an elevator)  I had dinner at the top overlooking Paris.  It was such a great afternoon, much of it was just enjoying this marvel.



I rode around the bus until about 9:30 at night, it was like seeing Paris all over again with everything lit up at night.  I spent the next day going from point to point, getting off of one stop and walking around.



There was so much to see and I am sure I did not see everything, but what I did see was unbelievable.



I decided to take a break from my Europe Tour and spent a day at Disney Paris, it was very relaxing and enjoyable


No comments: